Week 3: Topic Choice

This week, we went through a process to select a topic to write about throughout the semester.  I struggled with picking only one topic.  After reviewing several lists of possibilities and doing some research on a few, I narrowed my list to a handful.  I was interested in the topic of felony disenfranchisement.  I have worked in the criminal justice field for many years and have seen lives devastated because of a mistake.  I considered obesity, or more specifically, childhood obesity because it has become a growing problem, at least in the United States.  I went through the options of the death penalty, voter apathy, #metoo and video game addiction as possibilities as well.  Each of these had potential as my choice. 
In the end, I chose to write about the legalization of Marijuana.  I have chosen this topic because I have seen in my family the challenges that it creates.  I have seen how destructive this substance can be and wanted to explore the attitudes that have allowed its legalization in many states.  I am looking forward to delving into this topic from many different standpoints.  The others will just have to wait for the time being.

Comments